Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting UP ISE with splash page for different network type with Wireless

smahalingam
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

Can I use ISE to setup a splash page for wireless guest to pick and choose the type of connection (with different speed limits as they do it in the hotels) they want to connect to after joining a wireless network with single SSID?

For example : Like say a guest connects to the guest SSID and gets redirected to a splash page where he/she is given with three different options as below :

Option 1: Guest Access (matching 2G speed)

Option 2: Guest Access (matching 3G speed)

Option 3: Guest Access (matching 4G speed)

Please let me know your thoughts,

Thanks,

Simah.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

See this link

https://communities.cisco.com/message/248127

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Might be possible

Send them to a hotspot page with the options listed

Each option links to separate portal with self-registration and required access code to restrict who can register for each type

Each portal has its own guest type which maps to its own authz rule with authz profile that returns different radius avp to your controls for different TOS QOS levels

So you're saying we need to create three different SSID's with its own portal to achieve this with ISE ? Can we not do this with just One SSID and three different options within the same portal/splash page for that one SSID?

Am just thinking like ONE SSID with three different VLAN's / Subnets in the back-end with respective policy applied to those subnets ? Based on the Option they pick in the splash page , they can be routed to the sub net with the appropriate speed/policy applied . Makes sense ? Is this even doable ?

I didn't say separate SSID I was talking about a main portal page that linked to other portals that allowed them to register for different levels of access depending on the portal

Unfortunately we don't have a way to choose an access level, it's statically assigned to the self registration portal they use, they would register for an account and then login

Would recommend having a different access code per portal that protects them from choosing wrong access level

Only sponsors can change guest types

Do not recommend changing VLANs though because user would have to be disconnected and then reconnected and granted access based on special endpoint groups all this will introduce problems

Might be best to work offline for a solution please message me

See this link

https://communities.cisco.com/message/248127

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: