Views
Helpful
Replies

Source for ISE Performance &Scale

yuna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Experts,

Does anyone please advise me about the values in the DOC-68347(ISE Performance & Scale)?

My customer asked me about the values of PEAP (MSCHAPv2) auth/sec in ISE 2.3 RADIUS Performance.

Is it theoretical value of software/hardware of SNS or values verified by internal tests?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Yuma,

Understand your concern. This is based on our internal validation and not a theoretical value.

Thanks

Krishnan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Yuma,

Understand your concern. This is based on our internal validation and not a theoretical value.

Thanks

Krishnan

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

Krishnan is correct.  We certainly do validate performance and scale across the different appliances.  I recently raised the gap in missing MAB results and hope to have updates for those soon for ISE 2.4 (usually in the hundreds of auths/sec per PSN).  We perform testing to understand max values BEFORE any drops or excessive resource utilization for a given feature or method for a given platform.  We separately test scale and performance of an entire configuration which matches supported deployment models for multiple services on multiple nodes.  Other perf/scale testing is done, but most fall into the category of individual feature versus overall deployment scale.

Another factor to consider is negative inputs.  In most production deployments a node is running EAP authentication (possibly for multiple protocols) for a wide range of client types.  Often the noise (bad auth inputs) can be extremely high and will have a significant impact on positive auth rate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: