cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sponsor Portal Issue AD Account Normalization Issue

paul
Level 10
Level 10

This may already be a known issue, but figured I would post here just in case it isn't.

I have a sponsor group setup to only be able to see the guests they have created/approved.   The sponsor portal is tied into AD for authentication.  I log into the sponsor portal with my AD credentials, phaferman, and create or approve a guest user.  I can see that in my Managed Accounts list.

Now I logout and log back in with my AD credentials in the @ form, phaferman@mycompany.com, and I can't see my guests.  I didn't test this but I think if I logged in with host\domain format, mycompany\phaferman, I wouldn't be able to see the my guests either.

There needs to be account normalization on login because all of these are acceptable ways to specify an AD account. 

This issue showed up with my customer doing single click because single click uses the short form ID, phaferman, to approve the guest.  My international customer is used to using the @ symbol for AD account credentials and logged into the sponsor portal with it and couldn't see her guests. 

Is this a known issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Prior to 2.1, we had problems with different username formats due to a bad defect introduced in 1.3.  In 2.1, we implemented a user story to do this normalization.    Did customer upgrade from an earlier release to 2.2?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please work through the tac for any bugs

I will research on my side as well

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Prior to 2.1, we had problems with different username formats due to a bad defect introduced in 1.3.  In 2.1, we implemented a user story to do this normalization.    Did customer upgrade from an earlier release to 2.2?

They were fresh build 2.1 nodes that I upgraded to 2.2

Sent from my iPhone

Please work through tac ok investigating

Jason,

I will work through TAC. I just tested this in my lab on a fresh 2.2 build and I didn’t have this issue. So not sure if is something with a combination of 2.1 upgraded to 2.2 or what is going on. Will test further and open a TAC case.

Paul Haferman

Office- 920.996.3011

Cell- 920.284.9250