Views
Helpful
Replies

Sponsor Portal Login with AD

Northy
Level 1
Level 1

I seem to be experiencing an issue, that im unsure how to resolve

I cannot login to the sponsor portal with my AD credentials. I have triple check the portal settings.

Current the portal is set to use an identity source called Sponsor_Portal_Sequence_Custom

This sequence is essentially a copy of the default sponsor portal sequence. In this sequence i have configured the authentication search list to have in the following order;

We are using ISE 2.4 currently

AD

internal users 

There is no connectivity issues with AD as i can login to ISE admin portal with AD creds and i can successfully test each ISE servers connectivity to AD no problems either, but when i attempt to login to the sponsor portal with my AD creds it comes back with authentication failed.

I have tested with an internal user account and this works fine without any issues. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Have you checked the ISE Report for Sponsor Logons to see what the Failure Reason may be?

below are some examples.  biera does not exist in AD. And then I did two more attempts with the wrong password. And the final attempt was the correct AD username and correct password.

Using ISE 2.4 patch 8

In my Identity Source Sequence I search AD first, and then Internal User second.

sponsor.PNG

View solution in original post

Hi Arne

Thanks for getting back to, that was really helpful.

This helped me to figure out what was going on. Turns out i had not understood the logic for those that were able to login to the portal. 

I have resolved my problem by altering the sponsorship group membership and sponsor portal login sequence. 

Thanks for your guidance.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Have you checked the ISE Report for Sponsor Logons to see what the Failure Reason may be?

below are some examples.  biera does not exist in AD. And then I did two more attempts with the wrong password. And the final attempt was the correct AD username and correct password.

Using ISE 2.4 patch 8

In my Identity Source Sequence I search AD first, and then Internal User second.

sponsor.PNG

Hi Arne

Thanks for getting back to, that was really helpful.

This helped me to figure out what was going on. Turns out i had not understood the logic for those that were able to login to the portal. 

I have resolved my problem by altering the sponsorship group membership and sponsor portal login sequence. 

Thanks for your guidance.