Views
Helpful
Replies

SR 638204253 : ISE 1.3 Profiler Queue Size Limit Reached

Peter Saltarelli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Experts,

My customer is asking on the profiling threshold.

1. What is the profile threshold for a 3495 appliance? Just a rough estimate will do.
  2. What is a good way to monitor this threshold via cli? Is there a better way than waiting for the alarm to be triggered?

Thanks,

Peter Saltarelli

Cisco TAC - AAA Security

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If your customer seeing this a lot, then the deployment needs to be investigated or reviewed, unless they know the causes (e.g. using lots of NetFlow) already. Thus, I would prefer you open an ISE ESC case and discuss the two items with our knowledgable ESC engineer(s).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If your customer seeing this a lot, then the deployment needs to be investigated or reviewed, unless they know the causes (e.g. using lots of NetFlow) already. Thus, I would prefer you open an ISE ESC case and discuss the two items with our knowledgable ESC engineer(s).

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

To add to Hsing's comments, the queue size is 5000 events.  You can monitor profiler activity on a particular PSN by accessing console and running command # application configure ise.  This will show menu of options including option to display Profiler Statistics.