cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch 2960s does not support port-based ACLs to implement dot1x with Cisco ISE.

KevinYounil1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am implementing Cisco ISE 2.4 in LAB environment with a 2960S switch. I am trying to apply a default ACL on access ports to allow DNS and DC access before dot1x authentication. Unfortunately, the existing image does not support port-based ACLs.  Does anyone know which IOS image should I use for this switch to implement dot1X with Cisco ISE?

Existing image is: c2960s-universalk9-mz.152-2.E9.bin

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
This is a known limitation with LAN lite which I suspect you have and you need a LAN base switch for port acls. I remember from the past that you couldn't switch between lite and base on the 2960.

What does "show license" say?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ognyan.totev
Level 5
Level 5

Hi , i don't understand what mean does not support ,share please with us some port configuration .

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
This is a known limitation with LAN lite which I suspect you have and you need a LAN base switch for port acls. I remember from the past that you couldn't switch between lite and base on the 2960.

What does "show license" say?

@Damien MillerI think you are right i don't have problems with mine 2960

Model number                    : WS-C2960X-48FPS-L

Feature: lanbase
        Period left: Life time
        License Type: Permanent
        License State: Active, In Use
        License Priority: Medium
        License Count: Non-Counted

This is mine switch and i have no problem with it

Thanks Damien,

Do you know which IOS image can I use to resolve this issue?

You can't upgrade a LAN Lite 2960 to LAN Base, it is fixed when it leaves the factory.

Great, Thank you very much.

This is the 1st time to haer that you can't put ACL on port. What happens
if you type 'ip access-g ?' in the port. ? Post the output of show license
feature.

When I run ip access-group command, it says this image does not support port-based ACLs. I will attach the output of show license tonight since I don't have access to it now.