Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch AAA login authntication issue

binaghimire
Level 1
Level 1

dear all ,

I have had strange problem since yesterday ,I have got two cisco 4500 core switches clustered,have been configured for aaa radius login authentication(  IAS server). Since yesterday all of sudden , i have problem accessing one switch out of two .Both switches are same model and configured exactly same way .But since yesterday i can only login to one and when i try to login to Core switch1, i get to username and password prompt , when i put my username and password i get ,

User Access Verification

Username: MyUsername

Password:********

Line has invalid autocommand " ppp negotiate"

Connection to host lost.

In my Radius logs, i see that authentication is successful.

i dont know what has caused this problem , the only thing i did was added a route commnd on both switches yesterday  which has nothing to do with AAA config to cause this problem.I cant login to switch to see any logs in switch .

Help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

4 Replies 4

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

How do you connect to the switch via teminal server or ssh/telnet?

If using terminal server, please check the related line configuration on your terminal server to see if there is any different between working and non-working switches.

If the same user ID can login to the other switch without problem, I would suggest you to check your IAS server. Did you try to remove / re-add the problem switch back in IAS?

thnaks for your reply yudong

strangely enough , when i removed switch profile from radius erver and readded that back it , it started working ..dont know what has gone wrong there but it's now fixed ..

thanks

I've had this problem a couple of times.  It seems to occur if the IAS policy that

handles the Cisco devices isn't the first one in the list.  When it is first, the logins work correctly.

IAS Version: Win2K3

Client: PuTTy

Thanks for your advice