Views
Helpful
Replies

Tacacs+ question

juanduque0407
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

I'd like to know if is possible to use a cisco router as a Tacacs+ instead to have a unix server?

Can I configure all the user name and passwords into a router 26xx or 36xx and configure the rest of the routers in my network to go to validate using this router?

thanks.

Juan Duque

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

I dont think the kinda features available with standalone tacacs server will be done on the routers.

Ofcourse you can enable AAA locally on those routers and catch up the logs using syslog server.

But the same features or same functionality avl with tacacs+ installed in a server cant be simulated using a router..

regds

Hi,

thanks for your help. Ok I understand that I can not implement the same features using a router, I mean I can not assign any privileges to a particular user. But do you think that is possible to gather all the user names and password in one router instead to configured in all the routers and when a user require to authenticate in any other router, that router authenticate the user using the user name and password that this particular user has assigned in the router where the passwords are storaged?

regards.