Views
Helpful
Replies

Total endpoints never purgering - Cisco ISE

LKL4
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team,

My total endpoints does not decrease and when i try to purge endpoints nothing happens.

Version 2.7.0.356

Installed Patches 2,3,4,5,6,7

Attached are the print of my total endpoints. 

Following this path "Administration > Identity Management > Settings > Endpoint Purge" i have changed the default purge from 30 to 1day, but noting happens after 1 day. I have tried to use the button "Purge Imeddiately" too but nothing happens again.

I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if we have a bug.

4 Replies 4

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi @LKL4 

Endpoints are purged according to some defined Purge Rules. What rules do you have in place?

You may want to keep important endpoints (e.g. statically defined and put into Endpoint Identity Groups for MAB) and then you may wish to purge endpoints that were used for guest access and where the 1 Day guest access has expired (e.g. if GuestEndpoints AND ElapsedDays Greater than 0)

Hello @Arne Bier 

All my rules are default, i just changed the ElapsedDays Greater than 30 to 1 day, but nothing happens. 

Attached are the rules.

The GuestEndpoints and RegisteredDevices in the default Purge policies are Endpoint Identity Groups (for Guest and BYOD flows, respectively). The endpoint MAC addresses must be associated with these Groups to match the criteria for being purged.

I would suggest navigating to Administration > Identity Management > Groups > Endpoint Identity Groups, selecting each of these Groups and confirming if any MAC addresses are present within them.

If there are MAC addresses associated with those groups that are not being purged, you might need to open a TAC case to investigate why.

If you want to purge endpoints that are not associated with these Groups, you would need to create another Purge policy that uses the endpoint criteria you want to match for purging.

Hi @LKL4 ,

beyond what @Greg Gibbs and @Arne Bier said, please take a look at: Operations > Reports > Reports > Audit > Endpoint Purge Activities, check if your Purge Rule is working.

Hope this helps !!!