cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to edit endpoint static group assignement

rlwilson
Level 1
Level 1

I am running ISE 2.1 and when I go to an endpoint and edit endpoint I select the check box for static group assignment and then select from the drop down list the identity group assignment I want and select save. I then get a pop-up error message "unable to edit endpoint" The changes do not save. This is not just one endpoint but all of my endpoints it wont save. I also am having an issue where a new device such as a Cisco wireless access point connects to the network I see it in the radius live log but when I go to work centers identities and search for that MAC it does not find it. I want to edit that endpoint so I can assign a static group for permitted MAB.

I have a TAC case open but the respoinse times the engineer are days apart as well as the engineer seems to have no clue why or what to do. At this point ISE has had so many flaky things that I wish I had a different vendor product.

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

[@rlwilson@dmgov.org]  ,

I'd suggest using the Context Visibility > Endpoints menu for the two issues you are having. It was revamped in ISE 2.1 and is a great one stop location for ascertaining and modifying endpoint attributes.

Sorry to hear about your TAC issues. If you are not getting satisfactory service, you can always request your case be requeued and/or to speak with a duty supervisor.

I've dealt with Cisco TAC for many years (>20) and specifically with ISE cases for a couple of years. Usually they are quite good, but sometimes the assigned engineer is not the best fit for the case in hand.

Marvin, thanks for the comments, I had tried editing the endpoint from the Context Visibility tab and same results "unable to edit endpoint" when I click n the Save button... I have attached a screen shot of the error.

That's odd.

Are you logging in as the Admin user or a user with full superadmin (menu and data) access?

Hello, 

I've upgraded Cisco Ise from 1. 3 to 2.1 and also install the version 5 patch and i have the same issue, i'm unable to create endpoint and on context visibility it doesn't show nothing! 

Anybody what can suggest about this issue? 

Thank you.