Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to re-integrate Cisco ISE with DNA-C

csco10836880
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm following the instructions outlined by this page to perform Cisco ISE integration with DNA-C: Cisco Digital Network Architecture Center Appliance Installation Guide, Release 1.1.0  - Perform Post-Installation Tasks…. DNA-C was previously able to integrate successfully with ISE and remained active until some unknown changes was made onto Cisco ISE, causing the integration to become inactive and pxgrid unable to be established between the two. Reinstallation of ISE has been made, and all the steps outlined in the webpage above has been followed, however, the integration with ISE from DNA-C still fails. I'm not sure if I'm missing something? Any help/advise is very much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CSCvi94778 appears impacting ISE 2.3 Patch 3 only. On the other hand, ISE 2.4 just released on 2018-MAR-28 so it's too new to be a recommended release.

DNA-C might have other issues preventing the integration with ISE. Thus, it's best to work with Cisco TAC.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ognyan.totev
Level 5
Level 5

You have deployed one or more ISE version 2.3 hosts on your network. If you have a multi-host ISE deployment, integrating with the ISE admin node is recommended.Are you use 2.3 as it shown ???

Hi Ognyan,

We have a pair of ISE (in primary & secondary) running version 2.3, which was later upgraded to 2.4 as part of troubleshooting this problem.

A good chance that you are hitting this bug -- CSCvi94778

He mentioned that they upgraded to 2.4 and sounds like he is still experiencing the problem. Is CSCvi94778 also an issue in 2.4, or it it just 2.3 patch 3?  The email I had passed on to me today indicated only 2.3 patch 3 however being a Cisco internal site I cannot view the details. 

Hope someone knows as we have client facing DNA projects starting.  Currently going to suggest 2.3 patch 2 until there are further details. 

CSCvi94778 appears impacting ISE 2.3 Patch 3 only. On the other hand, ISE 2.4 just released on 2018-MAR-28 so it's too new to be a recommended release.

DNA-C might have other issues preventing the integration with ISE. Thus, it's best to work with Cisco TAC.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have provided no errors or screenshots or other symptoms to indicate what the possible problem might be.

I would suggest calling TAC for troubleshooting.

the dcloud lab of SD-ACCESSV3 has the same problem between ISE and DNA :)....

Please open a ticket with Cisco dCloud team to report it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: