cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to register. node is not a standalone node

k.khussainov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! I have ise version 2.3, with 8 nodes, 2 for each person.
By coincidence, I performed the de-registration of the MNT node. Now, when registering a node, the error "unable to register. Node is not a standalone node" appears.
Here https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/forcing-ise-node-to-standalone/m-p/3519861 they write that you can transfer the node to standalone mode, but I have not registered an MNT node, and the message describes the case of a PAN node. Tell me, what needs to be done in order to register an MNT node? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Log in directly to the MNT node GUI that you deregistered.  In Administration > deployment, drill down in to the node, and see if the "make standalone" button is available.  Click this big green button if available, and after about 30 minutes and a reload, you should have a standalone node waiting for you to register.    

If not, then it would be quite simple to perform an "application reset-config ise" from the CLI of this MNT node, and re-registering.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Log in directly to the MNT node GUI that you deregistered.  In Administration > deployment, drill down in to the node, and see if the "make standalone" button is available.  Click this big green button if available, and after about 30 minutes and a reload, you should have a standalone node waiting for you to register.    

If not, then it would be quite simple to perform an "application reset-config ise" from the CLI of this MNT node, and re-registering.  

Hi @k.khussainov ,

Mostly agree with the steps provided by Damien except for the reset-config.

If you have a support contract, please open a case with TAC. We can fix this quite easily (via SQL queries in the Database). This can avoid the whole reset-config process.

Hope that helps!
Please 'RATE' and 'MARK ACCEPTED', if applicable.

I can easily argue that by the time I open a tac case, get an engineer assigned, troubleshoot the problem, identify the issue, and implement a proposed solution, I could have reset the config and been done without having to engage TAC.

Yea, Cisco TAC took 2 hours to put few commands, well done Cisco! getting better and better and faster and faster ...

Damien, thanks for your reply. I didn’t have a big green button, unfortunately ... I would like to ask about the reset to the factory settings, will this reset affect the primary monitoring node or any other node? What should I be prepared for after resetting to factory settings? The equipment is deployed at the enterprise, and I would not want to cause a network shutdown. Unfortunately, there is no technical support from Cisco. Thank you.