cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to run executable on xxxxx server , The IseExec remote execution functionality failed to stop and delete service

I am trying to set up ISE-PIC for a new deployment.  I have several servers that joined using the WMI Config feature but I have two systems on a 2012 R2 and one a 2016 Server that will not complete the WMI Config.  I get the following error:

Unable to run executable on , The IseExec remote execution functionality failed to stop and delete service

I tried an agent but since I am just learning about this stuff maybe I did not do something right because the server I have put the agent on does not show up as Green it is a Red Stop Sign symbol still after several days.  

Also running ISE-PIC 2.7 version VM

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You could be hit by this bug :

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvq84524/?rfs=iqvred

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I did look at that bug a when I first had the issue. I am hoping that the 2.7 version is not effected by that bug.

- Unfortunately the Known Fixed Releases section does not exclude that. 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

tiwang
Level 3
Level 3

no - i can just confirm - it is also hit by tha. anyone out there which can tell me what servce it failes on stopping and deleting - if it make sense to do some manuel cleanup first?

Did you get an answer on this? I am experiencing the same

tiwang
Level 3
Level 3

no - and the PassiveID service - ISE-PIC - has been so unstable during normal operation that i have stopped worrying about it currently - will wait until we get migrated to the newest recommended release of ISE

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: