cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to run executable on xxxxx server , The IseExec remote execution functionality failed to stop and delete service

I am trying to set up ISE-PIC for a new deployment.  I have several servers that joined using the WMI Config feature but I have two systems on a 2012 R2 and one a 2016 Server that will not complete the WMI Config.  I get the following error:

Unable to run executable on , The IseExec remote execution functionality failed to stop and delete service

I tried an agent but since I am just learning about this stuff maybe I did not do something right because the server I have put the agent on does not show up as Green it is a Red Stop Sign symbol still after several days.  

Also running ISE-PIC 2.7 version VM

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You could be hit by this bug :

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvq84524/?rfs=iqvred

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I did look at that bug a when I first had the issue. I am hoping that the 2.7 version is not effected by that bug.

- Unfortunately the Known Fixed Releases section does not exclude that. 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

tiwang
Level 3
Level 3

no - i can just confirm - it is also hit by tha. anyone out there which can tell me what servce it failes on stopping and deleting - if it make sense to do some manuel cleanup first?

Did you get an answer on this? I am experiencing the same

tiwang
Level 3
Level 3

no - and the PassiveID service - ISE-PIC - has been so unstable during normal operation that i have stopped worrying about it currently - will wait until we get migrated to the newest recommended release of ISE