cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unsupported Browser on iPhone / iPad with ISE 1.3

nathancable
Level 1
Level 1

I'm playing around with ISE 1.3 and the self provisioning flow.  I'm able to provision a Windows client, but an iPhone or iPad with IOS 7.1.2 gives me an "unsupported browser" error when I try to sign on.  I have an IOS client provisioning profile set up.  Is IOS 7 no longer supported with ISE 1.3?

Thanks!

10 Replies 10

john.sumners
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting the same error with IOS8 devices.  It worked with ISE 1.2.1, but is not working for us after an ISE 1.3 upgrade.  Is there any work around or fix yet?

It worked for me with iOS 8.0.2 on iPad, Cisco ISE 1.3 and WLC 7.4.121.0

Are you bypassing the Apple CNA on the WLC?

config network web-auth captive-bypass enable

Patrick

I am not. I did not appear to need it with ISE 1.2.1. I will try this command to see what affect it had. 

After issuing the command:

config network web-auth captive-bypass enable

The iOS devices can on board. The registration page does not pop up now. It requires you to open a web browser and it appears that chrome for IOS will not work as it still gives an unsupported error but if you open in safari, which I never use, it does work. 

did this have a bug ID? or this workaround is official recommended by Cisco? will it impact other SSID web auth after enable from WLC?

There are multiple bugs for the issue but no information was updated.

CSCur27688

CSCui10186

Hi Mohanak,

no privilege to access the bug information, is that any solution from cisco? beside change setting from WLC?

eng.bader
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Have you got any work around dear ?

I am getting the same !! :(

My problem was that I had NAC provisioning enabled for the SSID as well - since I didn't have an agent profile declared for iOS, the ISE would never update the iPhone to the nac run state.

I've stopped playing with this feature for the moment, but I'll have to start up again soon.  Might write up a how-to, if there's interest.

Hi Nathancable,

I also have problem when upgraded to 1.3, but the build in browser for the ipad / iphone is not safari? must I configure config network web-auth captive-bypass enable in the WLC?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: