cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Use ACS 5.4 as an accounting server

Hi,

I have a pair of ACS appliances running 5.4.

I have a service that I want to send only the accounting information for logging purposes... No authentication is required.

Can I do that on ACS?

Thanks is advanced,

Naor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant

Yes, you can.  You just need

Yes, you can.  You just need to setup different AAA accounting tag/group on the network devices and pointing to the accounting to that server (in addition to the primary authentication/accounting server).

this is being done by Managed Service Providers (MSP) all the times.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Participant

Yes, you can.  You just need

Yes, you can.  You just need to setup different AAA accounting tag/group on the network devices and pointing to the accounting to that server (in addition to the primary authentication/accounting server).

this is being done by Managed Service Providers (MSP) all the times.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi, This is some great news!

Hi,

This is some great news! Thanks!

Can you give some hints how can I configure the ACS to receive this messages?

Thanks!!!

Naor.

Highlighted
Beginner

Worked! Configured the

Worked!

Configured the external device as a proxy RADIUS server and the messages stated to appear anded it.

Thanks!!

Highlighted
Beginner

Dear all, I am also working

Dear all, I am also working on a similar solution that the ACS needs to forward Accounting messages to an external RADIUS server for SSO purposes. So if I am correct the only thing to do is to configure the primary RADIUS server as a proxy RADIUS server and add the second RADIUS server to forward accounting information?

Or do I have to change the network devices (NAP) to forward Accounting requests to the second RADIUS server?