cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User-changeable Passwords issue f/ ACS 4.0 on Windows Server 2003

john_strasser
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with the UCP website not functioning correctly. I have installed it from the ACS 4.0 CD, following the instructions from the Cisco.com website, but cannot get past the Login page. Users can get to the Login page, but after they enter their information (username / password) and click Login, the server returns the following error page: "CGI Error. The apecified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers."

I cannot get past this page. I have verified that the website is installed as outlined in the Cisco procedure, and have re-installed twice to verify. I have granted Everyone Write and Execute permissions to the site directories, and granted the Virtual Directories Script and Executable access.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I am evaluating ACS 4.0 for deployment in our company, and UCP not working is a major stumbling block.

Additional configuration information:

Windows Server 2003 SP1, patched current to 8/29/06

The ACS server is also running on this server; it was installed and tested first, before installing UCP.

Thanks,

John

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Change the user that runs CSusercgi.exe to Administrator.Refer the following steps Install UCP 4 on a machine that runs IIS server,Open IIS manager,Locate Default Web Site, Double click on the virtual name 'securecgi-bin',Right click on CSusercgi.exe and choose Properties,Choose 'File Security' tab,Choose 'Edit' in 'Authentication and access control' area,Change username from IUSR_ to 'Administrator' and enter his password.

Thanks! That worked perfectly. Going through the documentation that I had, I don't recall ever having seen instructions to change the user for the script.

Thanks again.

John

Hi,

I think that using the Administrator account for this sounds scary. Is there not another way of doing this? What kind of access is needed here?

It should be possible to creat a new user with very specific access to what is needed instead of using the Administrator account or Administrators group.

Please advice!

Thanks in advance

Tommy