Views
Helpful
Replies

user has expired error

hakan.celik
Level 1
Level 1

we use cisco ise 2.7

The guest user cannot create an account again after the 1 day usage period has expired. the system gives the error "user has expired". i have to delete expired acoount and then guest can create account for herself/himself.

is there a solution for this?

Thx

3 Replies 3

you would probably have to purge expired accounts during the night.

Is there a reason for a 1 day timeout if you want to allow multiple days? If you know they will be there multiple days why not just extend the time in the guest portal after creation?

We do this at our sites, guest are default 7 days, but front desk attendants can log in and extend expiration if they will be there for longer.

Due to the policy of our institution, we have to do 1 day.

Does it expire in 24 hours, or at a time at the end of the day? If say you expire at 10PM, you could purge expired accounts at midnight and they should be able to create one the next day.

If they are 24 hours from creation then that may be an issue. I haven't done a ton with guest and expiration options. I'm on 3.1, and all I see is min, hours, and days, so I'm expecting 2.7 to be similar.

My suggestion would be to drop the guest time lower to be within business hours and to usually expire by close. Then during the night have it purge expired guests. This will not fix all if a guest creates later in the day, but would save you hopefully a lot of the manual deletion.