Views
Helpful
Replies

View self-registered guest accounts per site

marcairn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All,

I have a design requirement where multiple locations will each have a site-specific guest SSID and a site-specific guest portal. Majority of guest access will be self-registration without sponsor, using a local registration code. It appears that only users in the all_accounts sponsor group have visibility to these guest accounts, since a sponsor was not required during registration. Is there any way to have a sponsor group that would have "all_accounts" level access on a per site basis or have these accounts created with a non-functional sponsor, allowing access to them from a group_accounts sponsor group? Open to ideas. I want to avoid giving a local sponsor global access to guest accounts.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
There is no such setting as you stated they aren’t sponsored so they aren’t assigned to a group.

Only way I could see this is to create your own registration portal using API

or self registration requiring sponsor approval and automating the email approval process. This way tying each site sponsor to a specific sponsor email address set under the guest portal settings

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
There is no such setting as you stated they aren’t sponsored so they aren’t assigned to a group.

Only way I could see this is to create your own registration portal using API

or self registration requiring sponsor approval and automating the email approval process. This way tying each site sponsor to a specific sponsor email address set under the guest portal settings