cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3000 authentication

philhess1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am trying to get a remote user to always have the same IP address when they connect to the VPN. Our group is simply pulling from an address pool 10.10.10.1-10.10.10.254. I could not find a way to get a static IP so I created another group that had an address pool of 10.10.10.253-10.10.10.254 so that user would always get assigned .253. I copied all settings from my original group to this new group but I am having an issue authenticating. Under groups I made sure the authentication server was set for my new group and even tested the authentication successfully, but when using the VPN client it fails. If anyone can tell me what Im missing with my new group and authentication or a way to set a static IP for a client I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. Phil

2 Replies 2

pkapoor
Level 3
Level 3

To get this user to receive the same IP all the time, just select the user account on the 3000 concentrator and click the modify button. On the first tab, you will see "IP Address" and "Subnet Mask" (last 2 fields in the tab). Enter the IP that you want to assign this user.

Make sure that this IP is excluded from your pool.

Thank you for the reply. I found where you are talking about. However my VPN client is setup to use group authentication, and I have a group for our company. Then that group uses NTdomain authentication and users put in their domain username/pwd when prompted. I did create a new users where you mentioned and assigned that user to my group, however I do not know how you specify to log in with that user with the client. I appreciate the help. Thanks.