cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Concentrator and Cisco ACS 3.2 Appliance

tims
Level 1
Level 1

We have been using a VPN 3015 for approx 6 months successfully, however we have reached the user/group limit on the VPN. We have now purchased a Cisco ACS appliance to solve the limited user problem. What I am trying to accomplish is to configure the groups locally on the concentrator, and use the AAA server for user authentication. Basically all I want to do is increase the limit from 100 user/groups to say approx 500 users, however not interupting the 100 users which are currently authenticating against the internal database. Can anyone point me in the right direction or assist me in finding the documentation to do this? I am not able to find any helpful info at : http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5338/prod_technical_documentation.html

Thanks alot,

1 Reply 1

gamccall
Level 4
Level 4

Why not just configure all your users on the ACS? If you're worried about disrupting service to your currently-local users, just make sure that you have their accounts created on the ACS before you switch the VPN from local auth to external auth.