Views
Helpful
Replies

VSA-ACS 5.2 Appliance & RADIUS

ecortes60
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have not found any documentation explaining how to create a VSA into the ACS 5.2 Appliance for RADIUS Authentication. I was able to do it on ACS 4.0 Serverfor Netscreen Firewalls. We are migrating to the ACS 5.2 Appliance and before we do I want to know how to complete the task in case the migration has a problem importing the VSA from ACS 4.

Thanks

Edgardo

Well now it gets more interesting. Our configuration on ACS Version 3.3 is authenticating its local users via RADIUS but the caveat is that Netscreen published that the port to be used is 1645. Such was added manually in the ACS 3.3 but such task either is hidden on the ACS 5.2 or it is not supported. I resourced to use RADIUS native port 1812 which on the ACS reports as having authenticated the user but the Netscreen does not authenticate. Has anyone deal with this matter? Your guidance will be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

Can be done from the GUI

1) Create the vendor information at following link:System Administration > ... > Configuration > Dictionaries > Protocols > RADIUS > RADIUS VSA

2) Once created select "Show Vendor Attributes" option on this page for the vendor and can then define the attributes

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

Can be done from the GUI

1) Create the vendor information at following link:System Administration > ... > Configuration > Dictionaries > Protocols > RADIUS > RADIUS VSA

2) Once created select "Show Vendor Attributes" option on this page for the vendor and can then define the attributes

Hi,

Thanks for you help.

Well now it gets more interesting. Our configuration on ACS  Version 3.3 is authenticating its local users via RADIUS but the caveat  is that Netscreen published that the port to be used is 1645. Such was  added manually in the ACS 3.3 but such task either is hidden on the ACS  5.2 or it is not supported. I resourced to use RADIUS native port 1812  which on the ACS reports as having authenticated the user but the  Netscreen does not authenticate. Has anyone deal with this matter? Your  guidance will be appreciated.

ACS 5.2 supports both 1812 & 1645 for RADIUS by default