cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP581 client disconnect radius authentication

paul klewais
Level 1
Level 1

I created a wifi network: wpa enterprise : enable wpa2, pre authentication, pmf capable, global radius settings, no channel isolation, no ssid broadcast. The clients successfully authenticate but after 20 seconds get an authentication failure reason 16. (log file number 6 to 12)

I created a new wifi network 'localwifi' with the allmost the same settings

enable wpa2, pre authentication, pmf capable, global radius settings, set channel isolation, set ssid broadcast. The issue is not there for this second network.

what can be the reason?

Regards

Paul

3 Replies 3

Hi @paul klewais

Some clients may have problem with hidden SSID as in your first setup. Try to test with mode then one client.  

had an authentication failure, reason 16 means "Authentication failed due to a user credentials mismatch." but I´d say that this amount of log is not enough to have a fairly conclusion.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi,

I added log file log5.txt (ssid broadcast = off, PMF = capable)

For example client  7c:b0:c2:0a:98:4e had quite some issues on Feb  5 2018 08:42 .. 08:50

Then I changed the SSID broadcasting to on and PMF to not required. After this change client 7c:b0:c2:0a:98:4e could successfully connect. See log6.txt Feb 6. So it helps as a work arroud. However why is there no issue with SSID broadcasting off and PMF = capable on other access points: wap121 and wap371 with recent firmware? It seems to be a wap581 issue?

regards

Hi,

we noticed again the same issue with client

7c:b0:c2:0a:98:4e . You can see this in log7.txt

Connecting the client computer failed several times. Eventually it succeeded.

So the SID broadcasting is not a solution.

The client computer was shutdown and restarted before it made connection to the network.

regards

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: