cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

“WARNING! Closed connections to peer [standby IP] database! Please restart peer node to bring databases in sync!!”

i have a two appliances of NAC Manager, i want to make a failover, but i only connect them with a crossover cable on eth1,

is it neccesary conect a serial cable?, because when i try to verify a failover  they appear  this:

“WARNING! Closed connections to peer [192.168.0.254] database! Please restart peer node to bring databases in sync!!” in each one

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its ok to use eth1 as your heartbeat interface.

Are you using the same certificate and private key?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

Hi. I had a lot of those messages. In my scenario the failover bundle works OK during certain time but ocassionally the hearbeat fails (never knew why) and the warning messages appeared. Since there's no sync anymore the config in both manager will be different, so the very first thing to do is to backup the configuration. Please notice if the current active NAM is the primary or the secondary NAM (it's necessary to know this information for the later steps).

Then you will have to stop both NAM (service perfigo stop)

Now there's an extra step only if the last active NAM was the secondary : you will have to restore the backup into the primary NAM (since this NAM will have an outdated configuration).

Now back to the regular steps. You must start both NAM . The primary NAM will be the new active , synchronization will take some minutes, after that the "warning" will be cleared.

Please rate if it helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its ok to use eth1 as your heartbeat interface.

Are you using the same certificate and private key?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi. I had a lot of those messages. In my scenario the failover bundle works OK during certain time but ocassionally the hearbeat fails (never knew why) and the warning messages appeared. Since there's no sync anymore the config in both manager will be different, so the very first thing to do is to backup the configuration. Please notice if the current active NAM is the primary or the secondary NAM (it's necessary to know this information for the later steps).

Then you will have to stop both NAM (service perfigo stop)

Now there's an extra step only if the last active NAM was the secondary : you will have to restore the backup into the primary NAM (since this NAM will have an outdated configuration).

Now back to the regular steps. You must start both NAM . The primary NAM will be the new active , synchronization will take some minutes, after that the "warning" will be cleared.

Please rate if it helps.

thnks, yes i have the same certificate and private key

now the failover works correctly

thanks!!! i  was only  stop  and start services perfigo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: