cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web authentication in Wlan controller with ACS will slow down the wireless network as the user increases

ravi.techy
Level 1
Level 1

i have more than 30000 users at my organization and 25000 users are on wireless network. I want web authentication for them for specific subnet or for all the network (if required in the future).

Hardware i already have are : (i) ACS 1113 (ii) AD with all the users in it (iii) WLAN controller of Ruckus Wireless (iv) ASA (Adaptive Security Appliance)

Now the problem is whenever i choose web authentication option from my WLan controller and connect with ACS it suddenly goes slow down my wireless network as the users increases.

but if i select 802.1x security it will work fine because then the login screen is provided by the ACS and each user have to make PEAP settings manually for their laptops which is very much difficult for non computer savvy persons.

Currently i have WPA security with AES.

1 Reply 1

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well Ravinder, I'm afraid that your problem is clearly on the Ruckus Controller then if the problem only happens with web authentication.

I understand that the network becomes slow right ? It's not the ACS response time that is slow ? that would just affect the login page submit time.

Nicolas

===

don't forget to rate answers that you find useful