cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where to find MUD generated ACL in ISE ?

darkingdoom
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I had been playing for a while with MUD, Cisco do provide a sandbox with ISE in which it get a RADIUS packet with MUD URL and after that it forward it to the MUD manager inside the ISE as shown below

mud-architecture.png

So the ISE and the MUD Controller/Manager is one thing since it's included in the ISE

On the sandbox there is demo for uploading a LLDP packet with MUD url as shown below, Sandbox can be requested from here

mud-demo.PNG

After that new end point will appear, now i have the following issues

1. ACL should be created from the MUD file, on ISE i was not able to find it anywhere, so where i can found the generated Access Lists ?

2. The Demo and other PCAP files when uploaded get authentication failure on RADIUS  as shown below

auth_fail.PNG

I will be glad to get answer for the issues above and how to get one complete flow [on the provided demo files]

3 Replies 3

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The authentication failure is expected as ISE does not have the endpoint in its database but the intention of the demo was

to provide a general idea of MU.

For example notice under context visibility that the device is profiled (IOT-MUD-genisyslighting_files_MUD_79590001A4_json)

I agree this is limited and not yet fully functional.

Ok,

Will keep following, any estimated duration ?

I was under the impression that the ACL component was a future enhancement for MUD and not something that is currently implemented in ISE 2.6. Today ISE will look up MUD and provide endpoint attributes that are visible in Context Visibility, but that is the current extent of it.