cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which Cisco ISE .ova file should I download for Cisco ISE 2.0.1 as there are 5 .ova files and of different file sizes all uploaded on 25th April 2016. I am little lost. Thank you!

SaugatoRay
Level 1
Level 1

Which Cisco ISE .ova file should I download for Cisco ISE 2.0.1 as there are 5 .ova files and of different file sizes, all uploaded on 25th April 2016. I am little lost. Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Upgrading to Release 2.0.1
You can directly upgrade to Release 2.0.1 from the following Cisco ISE releases:

You can download the upgrade bundle from Cisco.com. There are two upgrade bundles available:

ise-upgradebundle-1.3.x-and-1.4.x-to-2.0.1.130.x86_64.tar.gz —Use this bundle to upgrade from Release 1.3 or 1.4 to 2.0.1.
ise-upgradebuncle-2.0.x-to-2.0.1.130.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz —Use this bundle to upgrade from Release 2.0 to 2.0.1.
This release of Cisco ISE supports GUI as well as CLI based upgrade.

Regarding which OVA file to use you can anyone that has Virtual-SNS3945.ova extension.

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

Thank you all for the quick responses. We do not have a physical appliance, we setting up ISE VMs, I am little confused as which .ova file should I use? storage and memory is not an issue since we can allocate resources as needed. then there is this .iso file for complete VM installation for virtual and physical appliance.

So here's how this works :

- ISE is scaled for performance by the number of ISE servers you have, and the ressources they have (cpu/mem/disk io), and basically determines how many endpoints can be handled in your environment.

- When using ISE VMs, its the same as if it was a physical Cisco ISE Appliance, so you need to assign the equivalent ressources to your VMs, as you would need in a physical appliance.

- The OVA's makes it easier to get this part correct, as the different OVA's set ressources equivalent to the Appliance model (3415, 3495, 3515, 3595)

So first you need to find out what your requirements are for number of endpoints, and then use the ISE deployment guide, to see how many ISE servers you need, and what model/OVA file you should use for them.

Check the Deployment size and scaling recommendations section of this document :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-0/installation_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide20/Network_Deployments_in_Cisco_ISE.html

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

The ova files only differ in the amount of cpu/memory they allocate, so they fit with the physical appliances

Evaluation (smallest for lab)

3415, 3495, 3515, 3595