cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

White list remote devices on ISE without certificates

ARQA-netadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to configure  some authorization policy on ISE in which you can define a whitelist of remote devices that are allowed to build VPN. As an option, obtaining a some unique id from a remote device. The method with certificates is not suitable.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IMO you have several options here that you should test to see which meet your requirements the best:

option1: target the specific tunnel groups you wish to authorize on the network

condition = Cisco-VPN3000:CVPN/ASA/PIX7x-Tunnel-Group-Name EQUALS <name>

option2: if integrated with perhaps AD add condition to map clients and/or user to external security group to drive authorization policy

condition = <AD ID source name>:ExternalGroups EQUALS <name>

option3: perhaps rely on posturing to check against a unique attribute on these whitelisted clients

There are definitely more options out there.  I suggest dissecting a radius live log from one of the whitelisted clients to determine unique attributes that could differentiate them from the rest to aide in identifying other possibilities.  HTH!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IMO you have several options here that you should test to see which meet your requirements the best:

option1: target the specific tunnel groups you wish to authorize on the network

condition = Cisco-VPN3000:CVPN/ASA/PIX7x-Tunnel-Group-Name EQUALS <name>

option2: if integrated with perhaps AD add condition to map clients and/or user to external security group to drive authorization policy

condition = <AD ID source name>:ExternalGroups EQUALS <name>

option3: perhaps rely on posturing to check against a unique attribute on these whitelisted clients

There are definitely more options out there.  I suggest dissecting a radius live log from one of the whitelisted clients to determine unique attributes that could differentiate them from the rest to aide in identifying other possibilities.  HTH!

Ok. I understood. But I am intrested in best practics about this. Maybe someone used some radius parameters from remote machine or some another information for identification remote machine. I would like something specific