cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will ACS Express ever support 2008 R2?

scott.herrick
Level 1
Level 1

My company has started the migration from Windows 2003 to 2008 R2.  Will my ACS Express boxes (currently running 5.0.1) ever have an upgrade option to work with 2008 R2?  Do I need to trash the ACS Express appliances for some other solution?

3 Replies 3

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I guess you can upgrade the ACS to 5.2. ACS 5.2 supports Win2k8 R2.

The following link explains the same:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.2/installation/guide/csacs_upg.html#wp1187611

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as resolved if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

ACS and ACSExpress are different products.   The 5.2 code that is available for ACS is not available for ACS Express.

My Cisco ACS Express devices have been decommissioned.  I moved all of my TACACS services to a pair of ClearBox TACACS servers.  I didn’t want to but had no choice.  The lone 2003 AD Domain Controller started producing errors and causing problems in AD.   We were forced to move to a 2008 R2 AD DC to replace the problematic 2003 server.

ACS Express (it runs on the Cisco Application Deployment Engine (ADE1010)) does not and apparently never will support authentication against a MS Windows 2008 R2 domain.  For the small number of devices I could not cost justify the full ACS product.

Cisco appears to have abandoned the ACS Express product.