Views
Helpful
Replies

wired guest access via anchor WLC with CWA

Jason Tyler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Folks,

Has anyone deployed a wireless lan solution for guest access, where wired guests are also tunnelled back to the DMZ anchor controller, whereby these wired clients are then doing CWA to ISE?

many thanks

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I found the below configuration example that comes close to what you are referring to but the only difference is that the web authentication is handled by the controller and not a RADIUS server (ISE).  I'm pretty sure the use case you are describing isn't something our QA team has tested.  You would need to validate it in a lab to see if it works:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/99470-config-wiredguest-00.html

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I found the below configuration example that comes close to what you are referring to but the only difference is that the web authentication is handled by the controller and not a RADIUS server (ISE).  I'm pretty sure the use case you are describing isn't something our QA team has tested.  You would need to validate it in a lab to see if it works:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/99470-config-wiredguest-00.html

Regards,

-Tim

Jason Tyler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Many thanks Tim,

Yes I'm inclined to agree with regards to a QA tested approach - i've had a good search around and cannot see anything that refers to the wired/CWA via anchor wlc.

Many thanks

Jason

Also would recommend reaching out to wireless team to see if its something supported

I have asked some other experts paulnguy howon to chime in as well

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not supported as evident from the GUI. The RADIUS NAC (Or ISE NAC) is missing in the pull down for Guest LAN configuration.

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 11.52.27 AM.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: