cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC - Any negative impact by enabling 'Apply Cisco ISE Default Settings'?

atsukane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Question regarding 'Apply Cisco ISE Default Settings' on WLC.

Am I correct in thinking this needs to be enabled globally before this can be enabled on per WLAN basis?

As enabling this on a WLAN didn't stick and just disabled itself.

If this needs to be enabled globally first, is there any impact to WLANs?

WLC 5508 v8.5.161.0

Many thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't have access to an AireOS WLC at the moment but that setting is really just a macro to make configuration easier for you.  So when you select that checkbox and apply, it goes and configures certain settings for you so you don't have to do it yourself.  Things like enabling CoA, AAA Override, copying the same Radius server information from authentication to accounting, set NAC State to ISE NAC, etc.  So when you say it disables itself, can you verify the other settings to see if they are still set?  I believe it clears after you apply.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@atsukane 

I don't recaall any issues doing thaat in the past, however give a look on release notes and check if there is something that you need to reconsider before doing that.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't have access to an AireOS WLC at the moment but that setting is really just a macro to make configuration easier for you.  So when you select that checkbox and apply, it goes and configures certain settings for you so you don't have to do it yourself.  Things like enabling CoA, AAA Override, copying the same Radius server information from authentication to accounting, set NAC State to ISE NAC, etc.  So when you say it disables itself, can you verify the other settings to see if they are still set?  I believe it clears after you apply.

@Colby LeMaire 

Thanks, you're right, when you click that option in Security > RADIUS copies RADIUS > Authentication, it automatically creates Accounting server. Similary in WLAN AAA servers setting, it copies the same server from Authentication to Accounting, and so on.

It seems it just clears the tick box once it has done its job.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: