Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Management Port remotely

Abidal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to connect remotely to a management port of a group of switches (not stack).

There is 2 types of switches: switches with dedicated Management port, and switches without.

To simplify ly case: I have 2 switches: 

->3650X with management port

->3560 without a management port.

How can I connect remotely to them?

one possible solution: putting a hub to connect management ports. But how to access to this hub remotely? and how to access its one management port?

Is is possible to do it without hub?

Making a connection with a cable from management port to the "normal" ports seems not suitable solution. Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In general and in terms of security , you may be better off by using a managing-server , on your Intranet, shielded through Firewalling from and or access from specific sources and users, then configure switch-management-access on the particular 'intranet-network-server'

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi marce,

Thanks for replying.

I think there is a misunderstanding.

What I want is just to be able to access management remotely in LAN. There is no security problem I'm facing: all machines are working behind a firewall.

Thanks.