cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After updating WS-C2960S-48TS-L no longer able to be added to CNA 6.3

SirLoki
Level 1
Level 1

I had CNA working with the same Switch along with the rest of my community which consists of mostly 2960-X's now. Wanted to bring the 2960-S up to a more recent tar and selected the one that was recommended stable on the Cisco Download page 15.0.2.SE12. All the release notes for CNA say it is supported. 

I launched the update from CNA and after it completed it would not load back on the map - I checked the IP address and was able to login to the web management and shows the update was successful and that it is running on the new version but when i try to add it back to my community in CNA it keeps saying that WS-C2960S-48TS-L is an Unsupported Device type 

I want to restart the switch and maybe try reinstalling the firmware but cannot do to much during the day. If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated! 

Thanks, 

3 Replies 3

llneely
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a solution for this.

Hello

I personally dont use CNA, however after a quick search on CSC i found this post, hope it may be of help?

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-management/ws-c2960s-48ts-l-showing-as-unsupported-device-in-cna-5-5/td-p/1439693

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I have tried many versions including 6.3.3 which is the latest and has support for the 2960s with same results.

This article talks about 5.5 not supporting.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card