asr9001 doesn't respond to requests snmp arp   

No response from 10.0.7.36 OID: .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.22.1.2

Presumably due to the large arp table

please help

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if snmp has been configured correctly on the ASR. snmp read-only community must be set and known for instance. Additional parameters do apply if snmp v3 is being used.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

SNMP community is configured correctly. Other data is sent (statistics on interfaces and BGP). And earlier the ARP table was sent. But with an increase in the number of ARP entries, the router stopped responding.

- Check current software version being used on the device. Use an advisory release, especially if the current installed version is dated.                                                          Check if the problem persists afterwards.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

version asr9k-6.6.3

VooDDi
Level 1
Level 1

We realized that the table is not rendered due to its very large size. Now another question is how, using snmp, to request an arp table from a specific vrf and location