cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backing Up Cisco IOS CA Router using EEM

JHaynes4
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using the EEM to backup a Cisco IOS CA routers critical files to an ftp server. However, I would like to also backup the .cnm files as well but as the numbers of the change constantly due to certificate renewal I can't name them all. Is it possible to use a wildcard (*.cnm) and loop the routine until it is done?

21 Replies 21

OK, I'm not sure where I am adding the "maxrun 600" to the script.

The first line is:

if [catch {cli_open} result] {

error $result $errorInfo

} else {

array set cli1 $result

}

No, the first line is:

::cisco::eem::event_register_timer cron cron_entry "0 3 * * 0-6"

You add maxrun 600 to the end of that line.

Whoops missed that up top. OK, I will do that. Thank you again.

Just wanted to let you know that the backup still failed to finish completely however it progressed further down the list of files. So increasing the maxrun timer had a positive effect. Is this timer measured in milliseconds? Would it be OK to increase it further without impacting the router adversely?

The timer is in seconds. Yes, you should continue to increase it until it can copy all of the files.

Just to let you know the issue was with the FTP server. Once we had that squared away the copy went with no problems. The only wierd thing is it appears to run twice. It does the FTP copies and then

just reruns itself one more time. I can live with that but it is odd.

That is a known bug, CSCsz12460. It is not yet fixed, and there is no workaround other than converting the cron timer to a watchdog timer.