Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can anyone help me with this problem? please! :(

I am lost, I don't know how to start and from where to start to solve this problem. Can anyone tell me how can I solve this problem?

• Given, the following pirate groups.
    • Straw Hat Grand Fleet - 750 pirates
    • Red-Haired Pirates - 1111 pirates
    • The Blackbeard Pirates - 1266 pirates
    • Big Mom Pirates - 3541 pirates
    • Animal Kingdom Pirates - 9843 pirates
    • Mary Geoise - 321 people
  • Connect the above emperors satisfying the requirements below
    • Straw Hats and Red-Haired are friends.
    • Animal Kingdom and Big Mom were friends, but now are enemies.
    • Red-Haired is seen to meet the Higher Ups in the Mary Geoise a few times.
    • The Blackbeard Pirates are not on good terms with anyone. So, none wants to visit him nor does he want to visit anyone.
    • Straw Hats wants to attack Mary Geoise but cannot directly go there.
    • The Animal Kingdom pirates are not in good terms with Red-haired.
    • However, the Red-hairs can visit Big-Mom indirectly.
    • In the end, everyone can visit Mary Geoise except Blackbeard.
    • Straw Hats can reach Animal Kingdom Pirates via Big-Mom pirates as well.
    • Straw hats can also reach Mary Geoise directly but, it will only use the route if Red-Haired is dead.
    • *All routers must have a backup system to handle missing routing entries.
    • *Configure half of the network to be routed dynamically.

• Choose an appropriate network address, create subnets to assign to each of the places. Make sure to use the whole block of network address you chose.
  • Assign IP addresses to all the devices and interfaces.
  • Mary Geoise (321) has a web server to send notice to everyone about the Government.
  • Showing 2 end devices per network is good enough to represent the whole population.
  • You need to be able to ping each other after all the setups are complete.

Deliverables

• The network mentioned above should be implemented in packet tracer, with necessary devices and full configuration.
  • After completion you should be able to test the conditions imposed.
  • As hardcopies, you will have to submit the followings:
    • Network topology diagram with proper labels
    • The configurations of all the routers that you have implemented.
    • VLSM/Network address table.
    • IP address table

1 Reply 1

LaserNinja
Level 1
Level 1

As I understand it, each pirate group is a Router, and their connections are mentioned as friendships.

So, for example the "Straw Hats and Red-Haired are friends" means that they are directly connected.

I tried to create this in Packet Tracer in the provided image, but what puzzles me is the Animal Kingdom  Router.

pirates.png

The instructions say "Animal Kingdom and Big Mom were friends, but now are enemies", which means that they were connected but not anymore or that they are in a different subnet now? Because later it mentions that "Straw Hats can reach Animal Kingdom Pirates via Big-Mom pirates as well", which can only mean that Straw hats are directly connected to Animal Kingdom, and that there is an active connection from Animal Kingdom towards Big Mom.

Apart from that, their routes should be dynamic, which means that you have to use a routing protocol, like OSPF or EIGRP, with a few settings to adjust the preferred routes.