Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't get device's configuration

tira li
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

LMS version 4.0.1 and I have installed all the patch about the version and upgraded the device package on Device Center in LMS.

Then, discovering the 227 devices through Ping Sweep on IP range module, however the lms can get the 33 devices' configuration.

And verifying all the device is ok

all the devices are reachable

make sure that the snmp、telnet username and password、enable password are fine with the device.

the failed reason of device as given below:

CM0151 PRIMARY STARTUP Config fetch failed for C3550-stuA2 Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.21.2.2 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times.

PRIMARY-STARTUP config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. 

Failed to fetch config using RCP.Verify RCP is enabled or not. 

Could not detect SSH protocols running on the device 

Failed to fetch config using SCP.Connection refused: connect Verify SCP is enabled or not. 

Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required

PS: Performing the sync archive job is so slowly, it took about 4 hours to sync the device configuration! how to improve the  efficiency?

plz  help me how to get the configuration data

Thx in advance

6 Replies 6

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Not sure if the 33 devices are similar but you may be running into this bug.

You may also want to refer to Supported Devices Table for Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution 4.1 & Special Notes and Exceptions for Devices Supported in Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution 4.1.

Thanks

Hi ngoldwat,

Where is the download link of this bug?

My lms version is 4.0.1, not 4.1. However, i would like to try it!

Thx in advance!

Hi,

The link to the bug is

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtq92282

Looking closer and also seeing you are on 4.0.1, it seems probable that you are running into it. 

Thanks.

Hi Ngoldwat,

Is there any way that we can manually sync the configuraiton for the devices, such as using the securCRT telnet the device and get the configuration, then import into the LMS or other way . 

And i want to know that if the device is Catalyst 2960 24TC switch, lms can get successfully its configuration. However, the device is C2960 24TC-L, then lms couldn't get the device's configuration. The lms is 4.0.1

Thanks

Hi Ngoldwat,

I want to know which directory the lms store the devices configuration? Is it CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma\shadow?

If so, i want to telnet the devices which couldn't be got configuration by lms to manually tftp configuration to lms in order to get all configuration.

Does it work?

plz give your advice, thx very much!

Hi,

If you have the shadow directory function running (http:///help/lms_admin/index.html?config_EnblDsblShadowDir.html) then you will have a group of flat config files that are not linked with LMS in any other way.  That is to say that the files generated are simply text files residing within the shadow directory that should mirror what you have in the database.

This function is one way.  LMS generates the file upon config change to 'shadow' what is in it's database.

In regards to the C2960 24TC-L,  you need to obtain the sysObjectID for the device.  For example: 

WS-C2970G-24TS has a sysObject ID of 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.527.

If you navigate to the Device Status Page: http://:1741/cwportal/group/lms/lms-deviceadmin

There you will find 'Supported Device Finder' where you can enter the device [IP,Display Name, etc].

You can also navigate to Device Center, look for the star icon on the same line as 'Device Status' and click on it. Then choose 'SNMP Walk'.  This will return the OID in numerical format.

Thanks