Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS 3.1 new server - Restore Data

Hello fellows,

Recently we had some problems on our CW LMS 3.1 server and had to format/re-install.

However, I am using the command below to do a restore but with no luck, and without being prompted for any errors on cmd (the command corrrect but with no effect):

NMSROOT\bin\perl "C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin\restorebackup.pl" -d C:\BKP

(BKP is the folder where the backup is stored).

Am I mistyping the command?

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Moath.

9 Replies 9

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try doing it this way instead:

cd NMSROOT\bin

perl restorebackup.pl -d c:\BKP

Nothing happens. cmd does not prompt me for any errors.

One thing I think deserves to be mentioned, I have noticed that the text file "restorebackup.pl" is blank, while all other *.pl have scripts inside of them.

Any suggestions guys?

Moath.

Definitely should not be an empty script. Do you have another LMS server where you can get a copy of this script?

I replaced the file with the original file on the CW cd and seems to be back on the track

However, I am now recieving an error when I run the restore command:

ERROR(619): The C:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\backup\manifest\upm\database\upm_DbVersion.tx
t and C:\\BKP\upm\database\upm_DbVersion.txt files are not the same. Restore can
celled. Use -FORCE flag if you want to restore an older version of the database.

What could this be?

Moath

I replaced the file with the original file on the CW cd and seems to be back on the track

However, I am now recieving an error when I run the restore command:

ERROR(619): The C:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\backup\manifest\upm\database\upm_DbVersion.tx
t and C:\\BKP\upm\database\upm_DbVersion.txt files are not the same. Restore can
celled. Use -FORCE flag if you want to restore an older version of the database.

What could this be?

Moath

Are you trying to restore an older version of LMS into LMS 3.1?

Yes Davistan, as I previously mentioned that we had issues and had to format/re-install same version. But I'm not sure whether the components have been updated on the last server or not.

Thanks.

Moath

reinstall usually means the same version of LMS, but in this case you might be trying to restore a backup of an older version of LMS to a new version. You can try the -f option to force it.

When I force, I get the error below:

Files C:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\backup\manifest\upm\database\upm_DbVersion.txt and C:\B
KP\0\upm\database\upm_DbVersion.txt are not the same.
ERROR(637): The C:\BKP\0\upm\database\upm.txt file for upm does not exist. Canno
t determine where to restore the database. Restore cancelled.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Moath

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: