Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS 4.x Software Download-- Need your Urgent HELP please

Jacob Samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have to install Cisco LMS on mynnetwork for Network Management. I have purchased the below License for it. Now when i am trying to download the License i am getting message saying that "service contract required". I am stoped, how can i download the software now? do i need to purchase the software different or i can download it if i have the license.

LMS 4.0 100 Device Restricted, WIN eDelivery LIC only

regards

Sunny

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 4.0 is old software now.  LMS 4.2 is the current version available for download, but it requires a different license from 4.0.  If all you have is the 4.0 license, you can try and download it from

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283434800&catid=268439477&softwareid=280775102&os=Windows&release=4.0.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest .  If that does not work, you will need to open a Service Request and talk to entitlement to gain access.

If, however, you have an LMS 4.1 or 4.2 license, you can download the software from http://www.cisco.com/go/nmsevals .  If you apply your license file to the eval copy, that will turn it into a licensed copy.

Dear Joseph,

tx for the update. I don't have any LMS SW before, this is the first time

I am trying to download this. I had this info that if u have the license

then no need to purchase the software separatley, so I didn't order the

software or software cd.

1) Why I am getting the message " service contract required" while I am

trying to download the software?

2) Is there any kind of cost impact in this or not?

Tx

Rgds

Jacob

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 2, 2012, at 7:29 PM, jclarke <

1. Probably because the area from which you're trying to download requires you to have a contract associated with your Cisco.com ID.

2. If you have the license, then no.  You've already paid.  However, LMS 4.0 is old.  The original download sites have changed.  The entitlement team should be able to either grant you access or approve for you to get the software posted for you.