Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Network Assistant Topology View

jodan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a quick question about the CISCO Network Assistant Topology View, sometimes when CNA discovers a new switch is Places it outside of the Topology window so you cannot see it?  how do I then drag and drop the switch to where I want to see it?

as you can see on the pic. "mwsnap_2017-06-20_12_30_11.jpg (18.69 KB) " there is a switch somewhere out side of the window to the left- so I cannot move it back in..

-

wkr John dan

9 Replies 9

jsarmie
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a resolution to this? Everytime I move a switch icon in topology view, the view is skewed and some switches shoot off the screen.  I can somewhat get it back to view by choosing Automatic Layout but when I manually move switches around in topology view, they go off screen. 

Attached view from AutoLayout and ManualLayout of Topology view.

Configuration:

Windows 7 Enterprise, 8Gb Ram

CNA versiion: 6.3(1)

Thanks.

Any word on this?  We have the same problem.  Newest java (8_151 I think) and CNA 6.3.  I've tried full CNA wipes and reinstalls with no luck.  I've also tried various Java 7 and 8 versions I had installers for.  Also no luck.

CSCvf42036 : Topology view feature inconsistency on CNA 6.3.1 has been raised to address this issue  , fix will be on 6.3.2

Is there an ETA on 6.3.2?

dnagvp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes Mid of December this year , final date yet to be confirmed .

dnagvp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes Mid of December this year , final date yet to confirmed .

dnagvp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you are looking for a workaround then please Replace the runtime packages with latest JRE bundle in the CNA installation folder.

Thank you! This workaround corrected the issue for me.

demo23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

there is a "USER_PREFERENCE File" in user folder ".networkassistant". Open it with a editor, search the hidden device and change the coordinates. Than you can find your device on the topology view and can drag&drop it to your favorite position. Its my workaround for hidden icons in cna 6.3.