cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.1 'show' command output

tvancamp6
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded our Cisco Prime to 3.1 and I am looking to see if there is a way to run a show command on selected devices and return the output to a txt file. Basically what I need to do is figure out which devices are not configured for ip ssh version 2. I wanted to get the output from every device by executing "show ip ssh | i key size" and then saving that to a txt file so I can see which devices are < 1024. I used to do this in Kiwi Cat tools at my last job, so just wondering if Prime has the same capabilities.

4 Replies 4

vishal.c07
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

PI 3.1 professional version has compliance feature.

you can audit network device configuration

Regards,

Vishal chauhan 

Hi,

I created a CLI template "do show ip ssh | redirect $TFTP_URL and defined $TFTP_URL as variable (tftp://<myTFTP_IP>/<Filename>) - manually set for each devices, which is not funny even using import/export :-(

What I was not able to do is this:

"do show ip ssh | redirect tftp://$DeviceName_show_ip_ssh_output.txt"

Prime does not recognize $DeviceName as a variable (or better DB variable) when it is not separated by blanks. Has anyone some experiance using These DB variables????

Hi,

you want to compliance right?

do you want to check url is there or not?

regards,

Vishal Chauhan

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The compliance feature that Vishal mentioned is the closest you can get with Prime Infrastructure as of now.

Prime LMS has the netshow feature which we have asked for some time be included in PI (along with other features). Cisco has not made it a priority so far.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card