Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.7 SNMP community strings massive import

frasav9192576
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

first post here, please be kind

I need a method to perform a massive import of new SNMP community strings on 600 devices, and maybe if possible delete the old ones.

Is there a way to do so using Cisco Prime ver 3.7? I cannot found a method througt searching into the settings sections.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use a Configuration Template. You can find it under Configuration > Templates > Features and Technologies. the CLI Templates > System Templates. There is a pre-built one to Configure SNMP or you can build your own.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use a Configuration Template. You can find it under Configuration > Templates > Features and Technologies. the CLI Templates > System Templates. There is a pre-built one to Configure SNMP or you can build your own.

frasav9192576
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the fast response! Just another one question: do I have to use Apache VTL language to create/modify the template or can I simply write the commands in CLI like format?

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You're welcome.

You only need to use the VTL syntax if you want to "parameterize" your template. If you only want to push a few cli commands that are the same everywhere, then just create the config line or stanza that you would actually type on the target devices. Remember to include a "do write mem" in the stanza to save the change(s)!

frasav9192576
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your help Mr. Rhoads.