Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 no data for selected criteria

Marko Rodic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello :)

One of our clients have issues with Cisco Prime Infrastructures 2.0. Server is installed under VMware. And everything was working fine, up until some time ago, cause right now, there are no graphs under CPU or interface utilization. I can't see any data regarding those for past month. 

I tried restarting Interface health deployment, nothing... It says its OK, however, no data

I tried restarting virtual machine, still nothing, no data.

I've checked licenses, they are OK, 95 out of 100 are used.

I've checked background tasks, they are enabled. 

I've checked monitor configuration features, they are all good.

Everything seems to be working, but I get no data pulled. 

I can see switches, I can see config, I get alarms if some interface goes down, I can see client count by association, I can do discovery, if I go to individual device, I can see which ports are up, which ports are down, which clients are associated with switch... However, I can not see any kind of pulled data. No CPU utilization, no memory utilization, no temperature,

Now, there is a thing that bugs me and that might be a problem. Not sure, so this is why I'm asking :)

They had some LMS installed with Cisco Prime Infrastructure. Not sure why, cause virtual machine was down, not working. So if it didn't work, its like it didn'e exist, but problems have appeared somewhere around when they deleted that VM... So, this might cause the problem? Again, not sure how cause VM was not powered on.

Do anyone have any idea what might be root of the problem? Thanks!

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Verify correct operation of Cisco Prime by logging as admin via ssh and issue  ncs status 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello Marce,

Thank you for reply 

This is the output:

CISCOPRIME/admin# ncs status
Health Monitor Server is running.
Ftp Server is running
Database server is running
Tftp Server is Failure
Matlab Server is running
NMS Server is running.
Plug and Play Gateway is running.
SAM Daemon is running ...
DA Daemon is running ...
Syslog Daemon is running ...

- Also check  the disk partitions on the Prime server. none of them should be full. You can also try ncs cleanup ; to remove unneeded data from Prime. (look the command up through google to get detailed info about it's usage).

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Disk looks to be OK

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/smosvg-optvol
200G 89G 102G 47% /opt

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card