cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0 Email notification for snmp trap event

c.ceglie1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I configure snmp on my switch (snmp-server enable traps config) in order to send changing config trap to my PI. This trap is shown in the Events tab with "information" severity and following message "Device 'xxxxxxxx'. Configuration management event has been recorded in cmHistoryEventTable". I would like to receive an email notification when this trap occurs. Is it possible? How? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

c.ceglie1
Level 1
Level 1

Nobody?

Not a very clean thing to do, you can’t just say for this one event type email out.

The "Configuration management event has been recorded in cmHistoryEventTable" is informational by default.

So you would need to change this to Warning as Pi will not email out for informational alerts, well not that I have found.

You can see the event setting in Administration/Settings/System/Alarm Severity and Auto Clear Settings under the Switch dropdown

You can customise what alarms and event will generate an email.

Administration/Settings/System Settings/Mail Server Configuration

Find "Configure email notification for individual alarm categories" and click on it.

You will then need to work out under which alarm category the "Configure email notification for individual alarm categories" would be in and set it so it emails out for Warnings.

Of course you will now receive emails for all Warning alerts under that category.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Richard! Your tip was very helpful!