Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.8 - Report or view client 802.11 capabilities

Paccers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am about to upgrade to CPI v3.8 and I'm hoping that will provide a good level of detail about clients that I can pull out. We run another vendors APs as well and one of the nice features they have is that they can list what a clients capability is, not what it is currently connecting with i.e. I can see a client supports 802.11ax, not that it is currently connecting on 802.11ac

About 95% of our APs are Cisco and I would love to be able to pull out a report that can list the numbers of clients that support 802.11n/ac/ax respectively - the thought here is that we have one eye on Wi-Fi 6 deployment in future and want to track how many of our clients have the support for it over time.

We run 8510 & 8540 WLCs on 8.3 (soon to be 8.5) code if that makes any difference as well

Any information here would be great!

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Hm  , I have doubts if the Prime+WLC environment can do that , since basically Prime core-reporting depends on association data for the current client, who was happy to connect to some SSID with available capabilities from both sides.  You will probably have to rely on other means to get those info's such as client-vendor provided datasheet related facts.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card