Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure - Assurance. Upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0

smunzani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We had purchased Prime Infrastructure 1.2 with SAU smartnet. Before we deployed 1.2 now I see 2.0 version is out and we qualify for upgrade license. However when I login to CCO to download the OVA file, I see 3 different editions. Express, Pro and Standard. Which one do I qualify to install? I have purchased following part numbers with 1.2 version.

R-PI12-K9     -     Qty 1

L-PI12-LF-100-LIC     -     Qty 1

L-PILMS42-100     -     Qty 1

L-PI12-LF-100     -     Qty 1

Thanks in advance,

Sam

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The different OVA images simply build the ESXi guest OS with the parameters necessary to support the target size of managed networks.

For a 100 managed device license (as your PI 1.2 SKUs indicate), you will be fine with the 2.0 Express image (although can can download any one of them).

See tables 2 and 3 of the Prime Infrastructure 2.0 data sheet for specifics.

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Check the below link for difference between [ Express, Pro and Standard ]

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2.0/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html#wp46865

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2.0/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html#wp75315

L-PI12-LF-100-LIC and

L-PI12-LF-100   :: Prime Infrastructure 1.2 - Lifecycle - 100 Device Lic PAK

are same as per my understanding and you can use these license to installed PI 2.0 with device count of 100.

Note: you  can also add additional licenses(feature license ) for more Lifecycle (via R-PI12-K9 skus), which can be used for both Prime Infrastructure and LMS.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the post if you find it useful]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: