cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure: Is it possible to get value from snmp trap received from cisco switch and if so, how to do it?

v-romanchuk
Level 1
Level 1

Please help me to solve the following problem. On the Cisco switches in the network, the port security feature is configured. When a security violation event occurs on the switch port, the switch sends a snmp traps to Cisco Prime infrastructure server. By default, Cisco Prime Infrastructure does not support Cisco Port Security MIB and without additional configuration drops received snmp traps from switch. As a workaround, I added a custom trap event to the server. I uploaded a CISCO-PORT-SECURITY-MIB to the server and filled the required fields (Notification Name, Event Description and Default Severity) in Custom Trap Event window. Now the server recognizes Port-Security-Violation traps from the switch and show them in the Events window with the text in the Message field which I set in the Event Description field when I added CISCO-PORT-SECURITY-MIB to server. The problem is that the information displayed does not contain any event data, i.e. switch port on which violation occurs and MAC address of a violation station although this data is contained in the trap. Generally cpsSecureMacAddrViolation trap from switch  contains the following objects: ifIndex, ifName, cpsIfSecureLastMacAddress. Tell me  please, is it possible to somehow pull the values of these objects from the trap and show them in the Message field of Event Window in Cisco Prime? As far as I understand, to achieve this, it needs to specify the objects that we want to see in a certain format in the Description field of Custom Trap Event when adding a custom trap to Cisco Prime. I tried different ways  at random ($, {}, ()), without any success. If someone faced a similar problem, please help. Thank you in advance for any advice.

0 Replies 0