Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime LMS 4.0 Upgrade License

Amir Mehri
Level 1
Level 1

hello

i had a 1500 devices license for CWLMS3.0 and now i want to upgrade my LMS to Cisco Prime 4.0, more than 1500 devices.

i checked the bulletin and get the below part number. please help me to choose the correct part number.

which below group of part number is correct:

group1:

CWLMS-4.0-1.5KUPK9

Major upgrade kit from LMS 2.x or 3.x to CiscoWorks LMS 4.0 for up to 1500 Cisco network devices. All applications can be installed and run on a single server. Installation DVDs for Windows and Solaris operating systems provided.

L-CWLMS4CONV1.5K-2.5K

Device-restricted license conversion for LMS 4.x 1500 to 2500 Cisco network devices. No application software DVDs provided, only a new PAK. Customer must already have a licensed copy of the 1500 device-restricted version of LMS 4.0 installed before installing the new conversion license key.

group2:

just the below part number

CWLMS-4.0-5KUPK9

Major upgrade kit from LMS 2.x or 3.x to CiscoWorks LMS 4.0 for up to 5000 Cisco network devices. Applications can be installed and run on multiple servers. Installation DVDs for Windows and Solaris operating systems provided.

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Either group 1 or group 2 are valid choices. Group 1 will leave you with the ability to manage 2500 devices. Group 2 will leave you with a 5000 device limit.

Hope this helps.

Thank you mklemovitch <>

Do you mean I can upgrade my 1500 devices license CWLMS 3.0 to 5000 Devices LMS4.0 with “CWLMS-4.0-5KUPK9” part number?

If I can, how cisco knows my old part number ? do I deliver my old part number when I want to order new part number?

Would you please tell me the procedure of ordering the part number with my situation ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card