cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Service Statistics Manager 1.2 install fails preinstall NTFS Check

john.caterino
Level 1
Level 1

I have a MCS7845 running CISCO IP TELEPHONY SERVERS OS 2003 (windows).

It is not connected to the network yet as I am installing for security scans first.

I installed UOM and now am trying to install USSM on the same server.  The preinstallation checks

can not determine that the drives are NTFS and stops the install.  The message in the window states

" None of the drives with required disk space is NTFS formatted... NOt OK"

The drives are all NTFS.  The Proactivenet_server_install.log shows the exact same data and error message

followed by

Setting PATH variable......

Checking for PERL installation ......

PRE-Installation check STATUS - TRUE

PRE-Installation check STATUS - FALSE

any assistance appreciated

4 Replies 4

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

What version is the CUOM you have installed? The CUOM version and CUSSM must match up. Also download install the latest version since its a new installation.

Here is the release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_service_statistics_manager/1.1/quick/guide/SrvStqsg.html#wp43083

If you plan to install Service Statistics Manager on a system with  Operations Manager, before you install Operations Manager, reserve ports  1099 and 1100. For more information, see Installation Guide for Cisco Unified Operations Manager 2.1.

Operations Manager 2.1 and Service Monitor 2.1 must be installed on a  system in your network before you install Service Statistics Manager  1.1.

Do not install Service Statistics Manager on a system where the SSM Agent or SSM Administration Console is installed.

I have two servers one with UOM 2.3 and the other USM 2.2

I tried installing USSM 1.2 on both with the exact same result.

The preinstallation checks state that all required ports are available....OK

According to the release notes, SSM 1.2 only works with OM 2.2 and SM 2.2. 

Before You Install Service Statistics Manager

Operations Manager 2.2 and Service Monitor 2.2 must be installed on a system in your network before you install Service Statistics Manager 1.2.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_service_statistics_manager/1.2/quick/guide/QuickStartGuideCiscoUnifiedServiceStatisticsManager1_2.html#wp41623

You will need to upgrade to SSM 1.3 and SM 2.3 with SSM 1.3.
Or downgrade your OM to 2.2 to use SSM 1.2 and SM 2.2.

I could only find SSM 1.2 out there to download.   Also it failed on the server running SM 2.2 for the same reason.

Then I tried installing the same setup on a normal Windows 2003 server in the lab and it installed fine.

Does the Cisco IP telephony server OS 2003 do anything unique with the NTFS partitition?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: