Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS 4.0.1 / Device Discovery

mcsadmin10
Level 1
Level 1

Simple question, not so simple answer?

I have tried multipule times to do device discoveries, the same 26 devices come up unreachable.  I have checked, double checked, and tripple checked the snmp community ro and rw strings on the switches and that snmp is enabled.. All seems configured correctly on the switches.  I have tried arp, ip ping, cdp, just about all of the proper discovery protocols.  I have tired using different seed devices, even already known reachable devices....  I'm stuck, no clue why I can't get this going! Please help.  As a side note.. If imanually added unreachable devices as an snmp target in snmp setting windows during device discovery configuration it will "reach" and add the devices.

2 Replies 2

mcsadmin10
Level 1
Level 1

FYI: Use *.*.*.* in snmp target... I was using a specifit ip as a target. Its fixed now!

Theo Mills
Level 1
Level 1

John...did you get this resolve? I am having the same issues. Several of my devices with subnet of 10.83.*.6 (seed switches) are unreachable in CW. I can telnet to many of the devices from the CW server and see that the community string (RO/RW) is the correct string in the configure however, still unreachable. Was you able to get this working? I do have a TAC case open for this. Still working through the issue. Write back...thanks in advance.